Have you recently purchased your Roku streaming device and want to give it a personal touch?
Well, consider these tips to customize it according to your own taste so that streaming feels much easier and personal to you. Whether you have recently purchased it or you have an old device, these tips can be applied to both new as well as old streaming players.
Here the tips you can consider
Tip 1- add your favourite channels
After you set up and link your device via roku.com/link, you can begin adding your favourite channels to your account. A new Roku player comes equipped with a number of paid as well as free channels, movies, and episodes. To add one of those to your favourite’s list, follow these steps:
- Press the Home button of your remote.
- Then, go to the Channel Store.
- Scroll up/down to find the desired channel.
- When the Channels Store opens, find the desired channel.
- Press ‘OK’ and then select ‘Add channel’.
Tip 2- move channels to your home screen
You can easily customize your Roku’s home screen and move channels to it for easy access. To do so:
- First of all, you need to go to the Home Screen of your Roku.
- Take your mouse on the desired channel and the hit the ‘Star’ button.
- This will open the related menu of that channel.
- Then, click on the ‘Move Channel’ option.
- Using the directional pad, take it to the desired location.
- Finally, press the OK button.
Tip 3- choose the desired theme
Apart from adding the desired channel and moving it to the desired location, you can also choose the desired theme to use a background of your choice. You can choose from the previously available themes or download a new one. To change the theme, you just need to navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu and select the desired theme from the ‘Themes’ menu.
Tip 4- Apply a screensaver
To apply a screensaver of your choice, go to the Roku Channel Store and select the ‘Screensaver’ option. From the list of options, choose the desired screensaver and you are done.
Tip 5- set up parental control
If you do not want your kids to access certain channels, you can easily set up parental control features and stream without any worries. To do so, navigate to the roku.com/link and login to your account. Set up a PIN from the menu.
These are some of the pre-equipped features in a Roku streaming player which you can use to give it a personal touch.